









Life has certainly been hectic here, as we have hit our 1 year mark living in Africa! The 4 boys have become involved in activities outside of school and homeschooling continues to press on! We go from guitar to Cubs to baseball to Kindermusik! It won't be long before Anna Katharine will be into something. In the midst of all that, I am truly seeing the Lord at work here. It is amazing to me how faithful our God really is.
I am working through a new study called Glimpses of Godliness and what I read this morning really began to tie all the studies thus far together. "...that we give forth glimpses of godliness that are so unusual people take notice."
One of the struggles I have faced living here, is finding that part of "ministry" that God has called me to. As I read that quote, I see that sometimes even in the small things that we do, where we don't think it matters...God is glorified.
For example, I recently was very grateful to be able to participate in a Parenting Seminar our church was having. I remember one lady saying to me, "I sit behind you in church and I am amazed at how beautiful your family is and how well behaved your children are!" I was taken unexpectedly by that comment and realized that people see us and the way we live even when we are unaware of it. As we Believe, Obey, Stay Faithful and walk Courageously "Glimpses of Godliness" will appear through our lives!
To bring the life events up to date...in August, Canon celebrated his 12th birthday with a spend-the-night party! He had a few of his closest friends over to enjoy lots of cake, coke, junk and stay-up-all night movie fun! In a blink of an eye, I realize they will be teenagers! Scotland also celebrated in August his 6th birthday at an Indoor Jungle Gym Venue with all of his friends! (I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for us and for our children! Praise God for giving my children wonderful friends!)
Also all the kids survived their yearly standardized testing. Canon, Isaac and Scotland are all academically doing very well and at grade-level and above in their learning which makes mom take a breath and say "Shewww!" We will continue homeschooling as the Lord guides us and keep evaluating and making adjustments when necessary.
Kyle has had numerous and rewarding trips to various parts of the continent, including Madagascar and Capetown. His work has been fulfilling in many areas as he continues to grow in his position and build relationships throughout the areas he is working in. Kyle and I continue to grow in our relationship with each other as we walk through many adjustments and changes in our personal lives. A couple who has been married longer than us invited us to join them in a series called Love and Respect. It has been a blessing to us and we are very thankful for the friendships we have been given here as well.
As the future holds, we plan to spend Thanksgiving with many of our American friends and Christmas with some national friends! We are looking forward to some upcoming camping trips (much needed family time!) and then in February our time in the states!
No comments:
Post a Comment