Just recently, as I was studying these passages (Luke 14:25-35) in Luke, I thought about the people of Jos, who are currently forced to live in a place of unrest. There are many Christians that live in the middle of fighting between groups of religious people, political struggles and overall instability.
There are also people in Ukraine, who live with the uneasiness of a presidential election and what that might mean for their own lives. Each one of us is faced with challenges and life issues that, in essence, call us to allegiance. Will we be faithful to trust our G. no matter what difficulties our lives bring?
"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost...or suppose a king is about to go to war--will he not first sit down and consider...In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple." Granted, I skipped through these verses (please, by all means, read through it for yourself), but the overall theme is Jesus teaching the multitudes about allegiance to Him. I thought about my own life and my own allegiance...do I really count the cost??? Do I really know what it means to pay the price, to carry my cross, to follow Him in total and complete allegiance???? If not, well, then I cannot be His disciple. Being a disciple is stretching further into the depths of His mercy and life. Are we willing to count the cost?
Here is an account of what is going on in Jos from a personal testimony (Thanks BP)...
The situation the day before yesterday was extremely grave as the fighting and burning of homes and places of worship have spread to most parts of the city of Jos and Bukuru (a town about 14km south of Jos). The situation could best be described as a total breakdown of law and order. Many homes have been raised by fire and several people killed or severely brutalized. (Friday, Jan.22)
Please lift up the people of Jos (including some of our own M's who are there) who have recently been living under a 24-hour curfew. They have been unable to safely leave their homes due to the fighting going on. Kyle continues to assist and remain alert of the conditions uprising there.
Please also remember the people of Ukraine and their country as they await the results of a political election and hope for some greater stability in their government.
Please p--- that the people who know HIM will not lose their saltiness (v.34) but will continue to remain firm and steadfast until the Day of His coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment