Friday, December 11, 2009

Hold Firm!!


"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess, for we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16

I remember these verses vividly, as I sat in one of my first precept classes taught by my mother-in-law. We were studying Hebrews and as a new believer, I will have to admit, that the power of these verses were still very hidden to me. I could understand the truth of our great high priest and the way he could sympathize with our weaknesses. But, now I am seeing more clearly the meaning of "hold firmly to the faith we profess." Are we holding firm??? We must hold firm, no matter how long we have been serving our Lord, He will always have a fresh and new bit of truth for us. So, let US hold firm and approach the throne of grace with confidence. Mercy...grace...help. It's all there.

No comments: